A person who is impatient about almost everything with a complicated life to hang on. Jotted down every single words in a very special blog. Welcome to explore my world, together we venture. Yeah! Peace y'all....

Quote for myself and all:
Don't compare yourself with anybody in this world. If you do so, you are insulting yourself!!!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Bad services!!!

Last night was a free night for me i guess. So, my planned is to watch a movie with my boyfriend at Carrefour cinema. So, i watched the movie Wanted for the time at 9.50pm. I fell in love with their seats. I love that. So comfortable and relax. huhuhu After we bought the ticket, we still have around an hour to take our dinner. So, we went to Restaurant Wong Kok. Okie. The food was nice but the service is bad even though this is not the first time i went there. Their supervisor was so rude. You know why?? After i have finished up my food, i wanted to order a glass of chinese tea. So, the feeling that the supervisor shown that she does not want to serve me!! What the hack is this service~~~ So, the moment she pursued me, i told her that i wanted to order a glass of CHINESE TEA. She said "OKIE". The moment the drink arrived, im stunned to see that my CHINESE TEA has actually CHANGED TO MILK TEA. What the hell is she listening?? Later on, i told the supervisor that i've ordered chinese tea not milk tea. With the irritating feeling, she said she heard that i ordered MILK TEA. So, i told her twice that i wanted a glass of chinese tea. She still argued with me that she heard i have ordered MILK TEA instead of chinese tea. At the boiling point, i've scolded the supervisor for not listening carefully and served me with a very "bo song" feeling. The way she answered "NO" to me already proven she was "bo song" at that moment. So, i told her "I TELLS U ONCE AGAIN, I'VE ORDERED A GLASS OF CHINESE TEA NOT MILK TEA.YOU SAID OKIE JUST NOW. STOP ARGUED WITH ME. I'M A CUSTOMER TO YOU. PLEASE DON'T USE YOUR IRRITATING BEHAVIOUR AND SERVE ME. I GOT MONEY TO PAY ALRIGHT?IS THIS THE WAY U SERVE YOUR CUSTOMERS FOR THE LAST MINUTES OF CLOSING SHOP?ARE YOU? IF YOUR SHOP IS CLOSING, PLEASE PUT SOME NOTICE SO THAT CUSTOMERS WONT STEP INTO UR SHOP." She was stunned with the words i told her. The moment she brings back the milk tea into the kitchen, i could heard that she's talking something nonsense about me. So, i told one of her staff " IS SHE TELLING BAD THING ABOUT ME? ASK HER OUT AND SAY INFRONT OF ME. STOP ALL KINDS OF BACKSTABBING. IF SHE DARE ASK HER OUT!!!!!YOUR MANAGER COULD FIRED HER FOR NOT RESPECTING THE CUSTOMER!!!!! OMG!! What all rubbish is this?? All these while, i thought Wong Kok is a famouse Hong Kong Restaurant. Hmmm can't blame the restaurant, just the bad service from the "polite" supervisor. From now on, i won't be going to Wong Kok if the "polite" supervisor is still working there!!!!!

2 comments:

m@y3 g@L said...

don't angry gal! there are some stupid waiter or waitress de. YOu could write complain letter to them. Let them improve their training for waiter and waitress towards customer.

m@y3 g@L said...

gal..see my blog!!
You've been tagged!! hehe